Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Happy Place

Verse of the Day:  “Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, ‘Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.’” –Revelation 21:2-3

the sad longings of eternity roll on like the waves of the ocean that roar
I can hear their groaning
from without and within
I hear the longings of ancient days
in the beginning when there was nothing
heaven was a happy place
a joyful God with a happy face
creating things from the bounty of His pleasure
the sadness I feel today is felt in heaven
not condemned but redeemed
for there will be no night there
no darkness, no sorrow, no sighing, no pain
no sad faces there
no frowns on the faces of angels
for heaven is a joyful place
even in the midst of my questionings
I can feel heaven itself like a river
bubbling and flowing inside of me
eternal river, eternal stream
I can feel you, and it brings a smile to my face
hope, in the midst of my aching and longing
no more fighting, struggling, laboring
in this land of the curse
but living, breathing, loving, in the City of the King
I can see it, like a blanket which unfolds
heaven is unveiled, and coming towards earth
a bridegroom to be united with his bride
the consummation of the ages
city of Jerusalem, you make all things new
you fill the earth, a happy place
sadness no longer crosses a weary face
only the laughter, the song of the redeemed
the laughter of eternity rolls on and on like the river which flows from the throne of God


JG

No comments:

Post a Comment